I’m Glad I’m A Longhorn – Day 2
Posted by TxHny on November 13, 2007
You know I love numbered lists. I’m Glad I’m A Longhorn, let me count the ways.
1. No Overalls. No Ugly T-Shirts. Oh, and no overalls. Really?! OVERALLS? We have burnt orange to work with – and we make it look good. You have MAROON – you can’t do anything better with maroon?!
2. We have a “rivalry” with many schools – everyone likes to beat Texas (we’re kind of the yard stick, you know what I mean?) However, I’m happy to say there is no penis envy lurking around Austin. Last week the Aggies sang about beating Texas, wore anti-Texas shirts and did the horns down. Texas on the other hand was focused on beating Texas Tech and completely unconcerned at all with Texas A&M.
3. Cool merchandise. Yes. These are raggedy Aggies. Really. Really?
4. No pretending, homoeroticism. Which would you rather?
Even Aggies prefer Texas cheer…
5. At Texas nobody uses the word “tradition” to justify many, many inexplicable acts.
6. The most revered entity on our campus is not Lassie.
7. Nothing as comical/disgraceful as this: http://www.texags.com/main/forum.main.asp
9. 47 National Championships in 11 sports